Thursday, January 7, 2016

1,000 DAYS

January 7, 2016



Today marks 1,000 days since I was told I had breast cancer.  

1,000 days since I sat in the my doctor's office knowing in my heart and gut but not wanting to hear until I no longer had the choice but to hear the words "you have breast cancer."  


The words echoed into a hallow abyss in my body.


Those words still vibrate in my entire antatomy today.





To put this mildly into perspective I've approximated the following based on widely known and shared statistical data (source).


It's depressing.  But it's real.  Don't ignore it.


Over the last 1,000 days...


In the United States alone...

Approx. 806,795 people have been diagnosed since I was told "you have breast cancer."


and


Approx. 113,000 people have died from metastatic breast cancer.


and


This isn't going to stop until something very BIG changes.


and


The only way to make change happen is to take action (see MET UP).

How many days has it been since your original diagnosis?
click here to calculate.


No comments:

Post a Comment