Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Arrival of Little Miss Sunshine!



Right after my diagnosis and before my surgery my lovely and sweet stepdaughter, Cara, decided to come live with us.  She is 14 and the youngest of my husband's two daughters.  We'd always hoped she would come to live with us.  Dale and I used to live in Idaho where Cara had grown up her whole life but a few years ago we made the decision to move to Virginia for a better life to put it simply.  

I've never regretted the choice to move and in fact I love where we live.  I did however miss my family and we desperately missed Cara.  She stayed in Idaho with her mom and older sister.  So her request to come live with us was a welcome request and wonderful news in the midst of my bad news.  It certainly added a bit of chaos to the situation but hey, life is unpredictable and you deal.

Cara brought more life into our home, which I so longed for.  I never had children of my own and since the day I met my husband I loved and adored his two daughters.  Having her here full time gave me more purpose and motivation.  
Ever since she was little I called her Little Miss Sunshine.  Mostly due to her radiance and unquestionable love for all.  She would walk into a room and light it up!  She also loved the color yellow and when she was 9 she asked to paint her room yellow and so we did...later she reevaluated that choice...but it's a fond memory, painting that room together with her.

Cara arrived a few weeks before my surgery so she was thrown into it all pretty fast but she was prepared.  She was so positive and certain all would be well.  She went to doctor appointments with me and provided humor and youthful spirited joy when I saw the days grow nearer and nearer to surgery.

Cara will always hold a special place in my heart.  

Cara and Dale

Cara and Dale

Cara


Cara and Me at the PS Office 

Cara and Me 

Cara and Me 

On Our Way To The Park 

My Favorite Pic of Dale and Cara...Such Joy In This Photo 

Cara Getting Mani Pedi with The Girls! 

Girls Nite Out for Coffee Drinks with Me, Leah and Cara 

Leah and Cara

Cara and Me in D.C. 

Cara Decides to Go Ombre' 

I Love You Cara!





No comments:

Post a Comment