Friday, January 31, 2014

Plot Twist!

June 22, 2013

19 Days Post Op

My husband and I were picking up one of my prescriptions from the pharmacy.  As we were leaving the drive thru of the pharmacy we curved around through the parking lot slowly (as we always do and everyone should) and suddenly Dale slammed on the horn and brakes and my body jarred forward so hard the seat belt stopped me.  Meanwhile the car backing out of their parking space without care or observation continued reversing into my side of the car.

It's funny how life can change in a little moment like that.  The driver was a young girl in her twenties on her way to a friends wedding.  She was from out of town and had forgotten a card so she had stopped quick to run into the store and grab a last minute card.  You know the story, you're running late, you're mind is thinking twenty steps ahead and you just stop being careful.  

She was dressed so lovely and her hair was done so pretty.  I could tell by the time she stepped out of the car and realized what had happened she was just a mess.  She was visibly shaken and began to cry.  My husband was so sweet to her and helped calm her down and let her know it was going to be okay.  She was a reminder of his oldest daughter.  He even spoke to her mother on the phone and made sure she knew she was okay.  She was in college and the car was in her mother's name and so was the insurance.

Accidents happen.  
He gathered all the necessary information while I sat in the front seat feeling intense pain and an inability to turn around to see them.  My neck was in pain for the jarring of the quick stop and collision.  But worse was the feeling I was having in my right breast.  Or should I say my right expander.

After all those necessary matters were handled we went home.  Dale was wishing he had just gone alone and I wishing the poor girl had heard the horn or looked over her shoulder before backing out.  

I called my plastic surgeon about the accident and pain.  He said I should come in so I did.  Observing the expander is difficult.  You can only feel it really and compare one side to the other.  All looked well, except the obvious pain.  So he wrote me a prescription for a muscle relaxer and sent me home, encouraging me to keep an eye on it and if there were any changes to call.

Things looked good for a couple of weeks actually.  I even went in for another fill right before we left for our annual 4th of July Vacation.  But they didn't stay good.

...To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment